ICEY TOUCH

I have never been a person who would go ahead and hug people unnecessarily. I am often amused at the way people take the liberty to go ahead hug others, especially the people they care about. I know that a hug feels great, it feels relaxing but again It's a personal choice I make. However, over time I have come to know that although a hug feels great, there is a certain warmth to it, kind of an affection that makes me and probably others feel that everything will be okay. At the age of 28 just when I was discovering this amazing feeling, the Coronavirus had other plans. It asked people to maintain distance, wear masks, wash hands. Hugging was becoming a scary process and maintaining a safe distance was preferred. I on the other hand was ok with going through this. I never hugged people anyway and thought this would be easy for me until I actually met people, met friends after a long long time. Even if I didn't think of hugging, they definitely wanted to. More than hugging I now realized, it was actually the physical touch of another human that I really really longed for. 

Until one day when I had come home after a long time and saw the softest cutest thing, I came across. It wasn't a human but I wanted it. I had to fight with my brother for he had won it in some arcade game and wouldn't give it to me. My parents on the other hand were enjoying this because it was a long time since they saw their children fight over petty things. My brother had to give in and I couldn't be happier. I could finally hug someone (without expecting a response). Moreover, although it didn't satisfy the longing for a human touch, yet it felt good. It felt good because it felt warm and comfortable and I didn't have to let it go. If this was the kind of touch that made me feel good, I regret spending the first year of the Pandemic by myself.

Presenting to you my dearest Icey and our adventures.

Us reading a book.

 Icey being upset because I didn't take him to Goa.

 Chilling in our new home after shifting to a new city.

 I could do some work too rather than lying around all day.

 IC YOU <3



 We need new pictures now.

 What's with this woman always bothering me for pictures.

Icey took his first selfie. Not bad.

.....and the adventure continues. For now, there may not be the human touch but this companionship doesn't feel bad either :)

- Namita.


Comments

Popular Posts